[Asterisk-Users] call transfer with consultation

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Apr 23 06:41:09 MST 2004

> For example, when an input call comes through X100P,
> my Zap/3 extension rings. I pickup Zap/3 and I want to
> transfer the call to Zap/4, but before to establish
> the call between X100P and Zap/4 I need to request
> Zap/4 for answering the call.

Currently not possible, although here is a workaround since you are using Zap
interfaces:

Call comes in and you answer it.
Hook flash (briefly hang up and pick up the phone again) -- caller is on hold
and you can dial the extension you want to transfer it to.
Talk to the extension
Hook flash again, and now you, the extension and the caller are in a 3-way
call.
Hang up -- the call is now transfered.

Hope this helps.

Regards,