[Asterisk-Users] 3 companies 1 card

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Fri Apr 23 02:42:03 MST 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Altus Snyman wrote:

> But who do I differentiate between the different number,how do I say: if
> a caller calls 1234(the destination) do:
> [company1]
> exten => s,1,Answer
> exten => s,1,Playback,company1-welcome
> ens.

> > Then u can separate each line out into its own context
> >
> > [company1]
> > exten => s,1,Answer
> > exten => s,1,Playback,company1-welcome
> >
> > [company2]
> > exten => s,1,Answer
> > exten => s,1,Playback,company2-welcome

You need to clarify something for us.

If each company has its own line, and calls for each company only come in
on the line of that company, Jeremy's suggestion is all you need.  It does
not matter what number the caller dialled!  The telco will deliver calls
to one line only, and you manage the routing of those calls by assigning
each line to its own context.

If the incoming lines function as a hunt group, so calls for the three
different companies could come in on any of the three lines, that's a
different situation.  If so, you're out of luck, because for this you
would need DNIS (as Jeremy posted originally), and AFAIK you cannot get
DNIS on POTS lines.  The closest you would get is Multiple Number through
Distinctive Ring, and I'm not sure how heavily you could rely on that in
your circumstance.

Best bet (I think) would be to go digital incoming.  Get a Digium T1/E1
card (as appropriate for your telco), or even a QuadBRI if your usage
doesn't justify T1/E1 channel density.

Cheers,
Vic Cross