[Asterisk-Users] * INSTRUCTIONS

tmpm tmpm at softhome.net
Fri Apr 23 00:55:57 MST 2004

Might I humbly request someone, somewhere in the community establish a
"dummies guide to asterisk" kind of site, that explains in detail what the
cryptic scripts actually do, line by line.
The Wiki is helpful, but unless you were in on the movie from the first
part, the scene discussions are moot.

Im grateful for all the most helpful people who have assisted me, and I
expect to actually be able to talk to someone with the * soon....rite now,
IAXTEL isn't recognizing me (after registering and following the thread
thru changing my pwd)...Ive put the FWD connection on hold...

I know it's a hard stretch for a lot of you who are experts at this, to
accommodate the new users.
Some explanations as to what each line IS and what it does might be
helpful...man, IF I could get mine working (and its for lack of time
presently, Im sure the scripts Ive been sent will eventually work) I'd be
happy to write something to help people get a simple solution to get it
talking so they would be interested in exploring further....to look at the
test scripts, is a exercise in futility (IMHO). I dont say this lightly, I
worked commercial switches and SS7 for years...but Im still going DUH....Im
sure Ill eventually master it, but I sincerely believe we need some real *
101 instructional stuff....one of these days Im sure the light will switch
on, and I'll say I wonder how I didn't get it, just like you are in that
position now.

This is NOT a criticism, please dont take it that way...its merely a
suggestion for easing the transition into understanding, and thus sparking
interest in further exploration and hopefully a greater user base.

Marc, with hopefully positive advice...and to all who contacted me, THANK
YOU....very much..