Off Topic: RE: [Asterisk-Users] :)

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Fri Apr 23 00:11:48 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 08:43 +0200, Florian Overkamp wrote:
> Thanks to this message where a virus chose to use my from-address to send
> its crap from I am now being harassed with many many virus warning messages.
>
> A call to anyone operating virusscanners (as I am too): I think we can all
> do without these reports - over 90% of all virusses using email has faked
> from-headers anyway :-P

Florian, don't forget that the vast majority of virus scanners have been
set up by people only used to using the very OS that's caused the
problem in the first place. They have no idea whatsoever of how to
configure something, they just click the "Install" button. The scanner
writers are the problem, they've seen a wonderful way of spamming and
then claiming "not me guv, honest". Perhaps Gates can use some of the
vast profit he's just announced to sort his crap out. Pigs might fly.
--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>