[Asterisk-Users] RE: Music on hold for first person in a conference room

Dean Collins dean at collins.net.pr
Thu Apr 22 23:08:21 MST 2004

I have successfully set up a conference room on my asterisk server,

I have been trying to make the 'M' for music on hold option work (when
the first person enters the room they are told they are the first and
then they are supposed to hear music on hold) but it didn't matter which
way I wrote it this feature wouldn't work. Basically it wouldn't allow
the conference to be setup in the first place, asterisk kept saying that
is not a valid conference room.

I know that a signifier does work because I also use the 'p' option

exten => 99,3,MeetMe(99|p)

The p allows someone to exit the conference by hitting the # button.

I haven't felt the need to ask for pin code and it also makes it easier
to transfer people into it when setting up multi party conference.

It turns out to make this much more stable, I was getting about 1 in 3
conference rooms failing when someone hung up (basically the room would
fill with non stop loud static) and the other participants had to dial
in again.

Cheers,
Dean