[Asterisk-Users] MWI indicator on SNOM200 doesn't disappear

Ian White iwhite at victoria.tc.ca
Thu Apr 22 15:05:43 MST 2004

On recent releases of the snom200 firmware, the MWI indicator will turn
on, but won't turn off when the message has been checked. It works on
firmware 2.03o, but not in 2.04g or newer. I filed a bug report with
snom, but they're claiming it is an asterisk issue and that it should
have been resolved. They suggested that I ask on the list.

"Anyway, Asterisk had a bug where it didn't send the NOTIFY correctly to
turn off the MWI.  The message doesn't contain the line so the phone
doesn't know which line to apply the messages to.

Basically the NOTIFY message should contain something like the
following:
NOTIFY sip:dephone at 209.232.233.232;line=34n34jed SIP/2.0

There was a bugfix for this in Asterisk for this problem, do you have
that applied?"

I am running the current CVS version, and don't see anything in the
code that looks like this has been touched, and I haven't seen
reference to it on this list. They are right in that the line
information isn't being sent, looking at the SIP debugs on both ends.
Anybody have ideas?

Ian

--
Ian White
South Island Community Access Network (SICAN)
email: iwhite at victoria.tc.ca