[Asterisk-Users] Echo Cancellation Feature

Jeremy Hall jeremyhall at mpccorp.com
Thu Apr 22 14:26:41 MST 2004

<snip>

I've got a fair amount of test equipment (and 20+ years telephony
background), and am planning to assemble a document identifying some of
the pstn issues, level settings, and other things impacting a reasonable

system implementation. Unless someone wants to UPS a transmission test
set to me quickly, the document won't be completed for several weeks.
(The only test set I have access to will not be released for a couple
of weeks due to classes, etc.)

I'm also expecting these tests to point out a number of other
transmission
issues within asterisk that we'll get documented with real numbers, etc.

Rich

Rich,

One suggestion I would like to make, is where possible, tell us how to
replicate the tests as best we can if we don't have the proper
equipment.  I'd venture to say most of us have a good, fairly sensitive,
digital VOM.  I know not all tests can be made with that, but I'm sure
some of them can.

There are fairly accurate tone generator programs that work with a sound
card, same with data decoding.  My point is, as you said before, not
everyone has a multi-thousand dollar test set, but would still like to
do what they can to properly implement a telephone system.

Thanks,

Jeremy