[Asterisk-Users] How to get call back when transfer fails

Jeremy Hall jeremyhall at mpccorp.com
Thu Apr 22 14:17:49 MST 2004

<snip>

exten 100,1,ChanIsAvail(Zap/1)
exten 100,2,Transfer(Zap/1)
exten 100,3,Hangup
exten 100,102,Park
exten 100,103,Play(unavailable, press 1 to return to the call or 2 to
try
someone else)
exten 1,1,ParkedCall(${PARKEDAT})
exten 2,whatever...

obviously in a macro but that's the idea...  I was originally farting
around
with quiet meetme conferences but that wasn't quite right.

Am I on the right track here?  Hopefully I can take res_parking and
create a
park() that can incorporate a parkandannounce so that you can select
whether
you want it audible or in a script (for putting the parking # on a sip
phone
or something).

What do you think?

-A.
exten 1,
---------------------
I think that is a great idea.  Rather than the phrase you used above,
something along the lines of "<recorded name> is unavailable.  To be
transferred to voice mail, press 1.  To return to the previous person
you spoke with, press 2."  There has to be a more elegant way to say it,
but you get the idea.

You could take it to the next step and have a single operator queue, and
have another option of "To be placed on hold and wait for the person to
become available, press 3."  Then if they choose that option, "You will
be connected as soon as the person is available.  Maximum wait time is 3
minutes, at which time you will be transferred to voice mail.  You may
press the * key at any time to be immediately transferred to voicemail."

The options you are opening up with your idea are tremendous, and will
help asterisk fit in with and replace some other existing PBX solutions.

Jeremy