[Asterisk-Users] How to get call back when transfer fails

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 22 13:55:02 MST 2004

> Try something like this.  Record a message (if one doesn't already
> exist) saying "Please hold while your call is being transferred."
>
> Then add it to your dialplan as such:
>
> exten 101,1,Setvar(myexten)
> exten 101,2,Dial(Zap/1,10,t)
> exten 101,103,getvar(myexten)
> exten 101,104,playback(hold-transfer)
> exten 101,105,Wait(3)
> exten 101,106,Dial(myexten)
>
> The hold message would take about 3 seconds, then with the additional 3
> second wait, that would give you 6 seconds to hang up your phone, which
> if you are transferring a call is very reasonable.  If it goes through,
> then great, you are done.  If not, your phone will ring again in a few
> seconds and you get the call back.

That would indeed work.  A little hackish but yeah, definitely.

I've been playing around a little bit this afternoon.  I added a PARKEDAT
variable to res_parking.c so that I could get the parked extension in the
dialplan.  I'm hoping to do something like this:

exten 100,1,ChanIsAvail(Zap/1)
exten 100,2,Transfer(Zap/1)
exten 100,3,Hangup
exten 100,102,Park
exten 100,103,Play(unavailable, press 1 to return to the call or 2 to try
someone else)
exten 1,1,ParkedCall(${PARKEDAT})
exten 2,whatever...

obviously in a macro but that's the idea...  I was originally farting around
with quiet meetme conferences but that wasn't quite right.

Am I on the right track here?  Hopefully I can take res_parking and create a
park() that can incorporate a parkandannounce so that you can select whether
you want it audible or in a script (for putting the parking # on a sip phone
or something).

What do you think?

-A.
exten 1,1,