[Asterisk-Users] Modems compatible with NTL caller id

Alex Brett alex.brett at loho.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 12:28:38 MST 2004

I'm looking at using a modem to provide caller ID info on my NTL line
following the steps in the article posted by Darren Poulson:

http://www.22balmoralroad.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=1

I was wondering if anybody had experience of using any modems (can be
pci/isa/external) with an ntl line (in an ex. Cable & Wireless area if
it makes a difference) and would know which modems will pick up the
caller id.  Failing anybody having direct experience, does anybody know
what caller id standard NTL use so I can find a modem that supports that
standard or even maybe get Asterisk working with it directly (I haven't
actually looked yet to see if Caller ID is enabled on the line I'm using
so it could be as simple as just getting ntl to switch it on).

Thanks,
Alex Brett
alex.brett at loho.co.uk
+44 (0)870 744 2170