[Asterisk-Users] Re: VoiceTronix Openline 4

Chris Tooley ctooley at ntrc.net
Thu Apr 22 09:11:28 MST 2004

Ron,

VoiceTronix worked with me last week and backported the new chan_vpb
that's in the current HEAD CVS tree to the 1.0 stable branch.  So if you
are using 0.7.2 or 0.9.0 you can go to the VoiceTronix website now (note
that this is very new) and download an Asterisk package.  When you
download it there is an new chan_vpb.c that needs to be put in your
asterisk source code tree.  Also there is a vpb.conf that should go
in /etc/asterisk/ and it has examples for all of the different
VoiceTronix FXO hardware available.  The developer at VoiceTronix, Ben,
was very nice and helped me out a lot.  I now have all 4 of my FXO ports
working, with Caller ID.

There is a modification to be made to the chan_vpb.c if you live in the
US.  There are ring tones for the Australia and ring tones for the USA
and at the moment you have to comment out the Australian ring tones and
uncomment the USA ones.  This should help get you started.  I'm going to
post this to the asterisk mailing list as well so new information can be
provided to everyone.

Chris Tooley