[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940/7960 SIP functionality questions

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Thu Apr 22 04:38:01 MST 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Louis van Dompselaar wrote:

> > There are two SCCP modules, but I haven't heard about anyone using
> > 7940/60s with SCCP and Asterisk.
>
> Let me be the first to say that I do, then.  Three 7940g over Skinny
> without any problems.
> Some initial setup trouble as this setup isn't really documented
> anywhere.  But no Cisco login,
> so no SIP and no choice...

And let me be the second ;)  A 7960, using chan_sccp from Lambda
Solutions.  Multiple line presentations work well (except things go a
little weird when you're on a call on one line and a call comes in on
another).  I echo Louis' comments that documentation is quite sparse, but
I really didn't need any more than the well-commented sample sccp.conf.

I have a second 7960 that I'll probably use for SIP playing, if I ever
find a Cisco reseller who will take my meager business (one or two
Smartnets for phones is obviously beneath them).

Cheers,
Vic Cross