[Asterisk-Users] Remote Call Pickup Problem

C. Clark [Vistech] champ at bundy.vistech.net
Wed Apr 21 20:23:51 MST 2004

	Hello all,

	I'm trying to get "remote call pickup" (*8) working
and I'm running into a bit of a problem.  First the machine specs.
This is a P4 2.66ghz w/ 512meg of RAM.   I downloaded the CVS of asterisk
on 04-16-2004,  but I'll probably try to upgrade to the latest tomorrow.
The machine has a T100P card and we are using channels 1-8 for voice,
and 13-24 for data.  The phones we are using are Cisco 7940's with SIP.
For the most part,  almost everything works with the exception of
remote call pickup.   Here's a example of my sip.conf.....

[201-1]
type=friend
username=bob
secret=bobpassword
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context=internal
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

	I've also toyed with the zapata.conf, by adding variations of
"callgroup=1",  and "pickupgroup=1".   Considering I _only_ have a
T100P card,  it doesn't seem like to me I would need to place any sort
of callgroup information in the zapata.conf,  but I'm probably wrong.

	When I call in,  and attempt a "remote call pickup",  asterisk
reports the following:

   -- Called 203-1 at 10.40.3.83
       -- SIP/10.40.3.83-3202 is ringing
       Apr 21 15:40:56 NOTICE[213006]: chan_sip.c:5483 handle_request: Nothing to pick up

       The "Nothing to pick up" tells me either I'm screwing up the callgroup
somehow [very possible],  or something,  somewhere isn't "seeing" that
the SIP phone is ringing.   This is a small office,  so I only need one
callgroup.

	Is anyone using the latest CVS branch with remote call pickup
working?   Does anyone see any blatant mess up on my part?  Should I,
prehaps,  try asterisk -stable.  Thanks in advance for the advice.

					- Champ Clark