[Asterisk-Users] Ok, Im confused

tmpm tmpm at softhome.net
Wed Apr 21 14:50:32 MST 2004

Im totally a newbee at *

Im confused.
Ive got a FWD account, and it works on the winboxen. Ive got * up and can
do the echotest etc, so its working.

I want to get FWD working, and all the pages ive seen on setup are most
confusing.
Is FWD setup like IAXTEL? Do i plug in my FWD info in the same places as
the IAXTEL stuff?
Ive been trying for a week now, and Im more lost than before.

Ive got a Internet phonejack card in the penguin, phone0, and all I want to
do at this point is make and receive calls thru FWD using that jack....Ill
plug the house in later...Ill learn the other stuff later. No voicemail, no
BS, no dial thru least cost routing, or nightlines.... just make it work as
a phone.

Im either more stupid than I think, or Im missing something major here.

Ive got to the point the CLI shows me connected to FWD fine.(I think)
Sip show users

Username		Secret		Authen		Def. Context	a/c
fwd.pulver.com	secret		md5,plaintext	default		no

Need some basic, stupidly simple scripts here...I dont need or want to dial
1-700 or *9 or any other crap, just make it work like the stupid winbox
phone for now...Ill read the wiki for a couple years, and then maybe I can
do voicemail or whatever...

frustrated...and I know its showing...sri