[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk from scratch

kiran p mailkiranplz at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 05:03:13 MST 2004

Hi

My motto is to connect two computers on the same
network with Voip without using any special hardware,i
have downloaded Asterisk, I was suggested to use
LinPhone as a soft phone as it is very easy to install

I have installed Asterisk on my computer and iam using
it as a server.

And whe i DAIL 1234 at CLI i get the following errors
repeatedly

Apr 21 17:29:13 WARNING[1167272128]: chan_oss.c:272
sound_thread: Failed to write sound
Apr 21 17:29:13 WARNING[1167272128]: chan_oss.c:181
send_sound: Unable to read output space

One more doubt i have is after installing a soft phone
on the client,how do i configure it to connect to
Asterisk.

And how do i know,if Asterisk is recognizing the sound
card or not

Thanking you in Anticipation