[Asterisk-Users] h323 oh323 g729 please help !

Serge 520060793137-0001 at t-online.de
Mon Apr 19 05:51:12 MST 2004

Hello list,

I have many IP hardphone like Siemens 300 basic ( old ) , cisco ata.. etc
I need: G711 from old phones must be convert to G729 via asterisk and send to provider
I have this problem:

oh323 (last version):

asterisk work with this driver ok for old phones, if I only faststart=no . But problem with codec , asterisk can speak with provider ( G729 ) only if I disable all other codec ! ( bug ? ) , but I need minimum 2 - g711 and g729.

h323

all work ok , but only for new phones ! like cisco ATA .., with this driver old phones don't may speak with asterisk !
So, and last bug.. when I enable 2 codec in both version, I need DTMF inbound ( for g711 ) , but all time error, due g729 enabled. Can I set codec by destination? ( like SIP )

I try use 2 cnannels at the same time, but asterisk down with segmentation fault...

Thanks,
Serge.