[Asterisk-Users] zaprtc

Steven Kokinos steve at kokinos.com
Tue Apr 20 20:53:28 MST 2004

Fran,

Thanks for the message. In between my original message and your response I
actually did something a bit different. From within /etc/init.d/asterisk
(which I call from chkconfig) I added the following lines:

  start)
        echo -n "Starting Asterisk PBX: "
        #/sbin/modprobe ixj
        /sbin/modprobe zaptel
        /sbin/insmod zaprtc
        /sbin/rtcsetup &
        daemon /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/asterisk
        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Shutting Asterisk PBX: "
        killproc safe_asterisk
        killproc asterisk
        killproc rtcsetup
        #/sbin/rmmod -r ixj
        /sbin/rmmod -r zaptel
        /sbin/rmmod -r zaprtc
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/asterisk
        ;;

This works for me as well, and has the added bonus (at least in my case) of
keeping the asterisk related items more self-contained.

-Steve