[Asterisk-Users] reboots

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Apr 20 08:25:39 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 02:50, Nick Knight wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> Just looking for some opinions. What is the expected uptime for asterisk
> - assuming the box has all the resources it needs. I ask this because I
> have only to date seen max 9 days which appears very low. This is a
> system only running Asterisk. It has 1.5GB RAM with > 2GHz processor,
> there are 8 users - although not always simultaneously - it is a fairly
> well used system.

8 users of what kind? What is your other interfaces?

My main machine is connected to a PRI and a channel bank via a T400P and
the rest is served via IAX2. In this configuration, we normally can see
13-18 lines used on the PRI. We do run postgres on the same machine, and
some perl scripts and I think there may even be a very lightly used
apache on there as well. All this on a 800Mhz PIII and 256megs of ram on
a supermicro machine in a colo facility.

That all being said, the machine has been running 174 days at this
point. I recently crashed asterisk when trying to integrate a much newer
version of asterisk into the IAX2 part of the network. So asterisk is
only showing 3 weeks and a 1 day of uptime.

I'll have to also mention that this is on a pretty old(relative) version
of asterisk. We have seen no need to upgrade recently, and probably
won't until we have seen a new feature we need enough to force us
through the risk of an upgrade.
Asterisk CVS-10/22/03-06:38:52, Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Linux Support
Services, Inc.