[Asterisk-Users] reboots

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Apr 20 05:42:37 MST 2004

>>>>> "Nick" == Nick Knight <nick at omniis.com> writes:

Nick> What is the expected uptime for asterisk - assuming the
Nick> box has all the resources it needs.

Months.  You should only have to reboot for kernel updates and
restart * when updating it or (some parts of) its configuration.

Nick> I ask this because I have only to date seen max 9 days
Nick> which appears very low.

Something is definitely wrong with that box.  To diagnose
will require at least details on processor, kernel version,
distribution, asterisk version, and hardware installed.

-JimC