[Asterisk-Users] h323 and oh323 g711 to g729 please help

Serge kpn at navigator.lv
Tue Apr 20 04:04:49 MST 2004

Hello list,

I have many IP hardphones like Siemens 300 basic ( old ) , cisco
ata.. etc
I need: G711 from old phones must be convert to G729 via asterisk and
send to provider ( G729 from digium )
I have this problems:

oh323 (last version):
-------------
asterisk work with this driver ok for old phones, if I only
faststart=no . But problem with codec , asterisk can speak with
provider ( G729 ) only if I disable all other codec ! ( bug ? ) , but
I need minimum 2 - g711 and g729.

h323
--------------
all work ok , but only for new phones ! like cisco ATA .., with this
driver old phones don't may speak with asterisk ! ( when call from
phone to asterisk ,, when call from asterisk to this old phones - all
Ok ! )

So, and last .. when I enable 2 codec in both version, I need DTMF
inbound ( for g711 ) , but all time error, due g729 enabled. Can I
set codec by destination? ( like SIP )

I try use 2 cnannels at the same time, but asterisk down with
segmentation fault...

Thanks,
Serge.

--