[Asterisk-Users] One, två, tre, quatre, cinq ... International numbers in say.c

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Apr 19 12:53:11 MST 2004

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001429

* Support for other language syntaxes in saynumber

Accidentally I opened this can of worms to see if we can add support
for other language syntaxes for saying numbers. Seems like Swedish,
english and norwegian follow the same syntax. I've integrated
existing patches for french, danish and soon portuguese syntax.

The steps we're taking are:

* First a quick-fix only for saying numbers
* Adding documentation and sample sound files
   Many patches require additional sound files compared with the
   english set.
* For a coming release we need a more general architecture that
   includes more phrases, time and date. This will be done with
   loadable modules for various languages.

I need the original contributors of danish, french and portuguese
to fax a disclaimer to Digium. See http://bugs.digium.com

Also, I need users in these language territories to test the
patch and add feedback to the bugtracker. I can try to put all this
together into one unified patch, but not test everything for every
language.

If you have a patch for another syntax, please add it quickly to
the bugtracker and fax in the disclaimer, so we can use it.

If you have sound files for a language with decent quality that
you can share to the community, please do so by adding them to
the bug tracker.

***** If we all work on this together quickly, we may have a
working say.c in the CVS soon. But to even ask a committer for
support, I need test results up there on the bug tracker. *****

Thank you for your support!

/Olle