[Asterisk-Users] Strange CallerId behaviour with SIP

Joost Kraaijeveld J.Kraaijeveld at Askesis.nl
Mon Apr 19 08:36:02 MST 2004

> Could be the phone, some phones dont do Alpha characters, the
> Grandstream for example can not display the name, only the number.
No, IAX calls go OK. Also as mentioned in my previous mail, if I set the name explicitely using "callerid = asrevieved" in my sip .conf or if I use SetCallerID(${CALLERIDNAME}) I get "asterisk" on my display. So I assume that the phone can do Aplha characters.

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14