[Asterisk-Users] Matching variable-length extensions with chan_zap in overlap dialling

Apollon Koutlides apollon at planewalk.net
Mon Apr 19 01:29:23 MST 2004

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Try  exten => _0X.  <--- notice the period
>
>> [m807oth]
>> exten => _80780780.,1,StripMSD(7)
>> exten => _0.,1,SetVar,clidest=${EXTEN}
>> exten => _0.,2,Goto(cli,s,1)

...noticed mine? :-) I've tried a combo-wildcard (with an X, as in your
example) as well, with no results either. The code in chan_zap.c seems
to confirm that in overlap digit transmission the channel driver doesn't
check for multiple matches. The patch to check for
multiple/ambiguous/possibly incomplete matches is trivial, but
implementing the timeout is definitely not.

Apollon Koutlides