[Asterisk-Users] grandstream and stun

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Sun Apr 18 07:52:01 MST 2004

the only difference with NAT=yes into GS is that
enabling it the phone will send periodic (every 20secs @default)
empty UDP packets to the SIP server, keeping
the NAT hole open... so you don't have to
do a dnat rule onto the nat'ing device.

very useful :)

Matteo.

Il dom, 2004-04-18 alle 16:46, Ryan Thrash ha scritto:
> FYI, with 1.0.4.55 and NAT set to off (but with the * config set as
> nat=yes), I'm able to bypass stun servers completely with a GS phone as
> well.
>
> HTH,
> Ryan
>

> On Apr 18, 2004, at 5:08 AM, Brancaleoni Matteo wrote:
>
> > you don't need stun to make GS work under NAT
> > with *
> >
> > Just set NAT=yes into the GS, and leave the stun server addr
> > entry empty.
> > And set nat=yes into the sip.conf entry.
> >
> > Il dom, 2004-04-18 alle 11:26, Richard ha scritto:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I noticed some issues with how grandstream handles
> >> stun test. GS is running version 1.0.4.50. First I
> >> reset the NAT router. Then reboot GS, get results of
> >> "restricted cone". Immediately reboot GS, get results
> >> "full cone". I tried quite a few public and commercial
> >> stun servers. Also tried different model/version of
> >> linksys routers. I always got the same issue. Winstun
> >> on the PC doesn't have this issue. Some ngrep on the
> >> stund 0.91 on Fedora linux revealed winstun had about
> >> 20 UDP packets back and forward. However GS only had
> >> less than 10.

Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia - Emmegi Srl