[Asterisk-Users] SIP device rings once on busy before giving busy tone with dialplan

Chris Orme chrisast at talisa.net
Sat Apr 17 10:19:16 MST 2004

Thanks Olle !

I'm getting on better without the ,r now when making outgoing SIP calls
though not confident I've got rid of any ringing with all devices on test
yet.
I put the ,r in irrationally when the iaxy wasn't ringing out not that I
think it necessarily helped anyway - taking it out things are starting to
slowly improve with intelligent devices.

I'm pretty sure it does cause ringing from the start but isn't it called
'ringback' so there might be more to it?

Experimentation is doing me proud today :-)  Maybe it always does.

Once I get good results maybe I should post what I ended up with in case
it helps anyone else out. :-) as the original post info is nowhere close
to what is needed.

Linus,  I assuming that for incoming service something like .....

exten => <incomingnumber>,1,AbsoluteTimeout(3600)
exten => <incomingnumber>,2,Dial(SIP/sipdevice,120)  (maybe with ,r)
exten => <incomingnumber>,3,Congestion
exten => <incomingnumber>,103,Busy

[where <incomingnumber> is whatever the incoming service number is
presented as.]

would probably not cause someones telco to charge a customer if the call
wasn't picked up after 120 seconds or was busy immediately as the only
possible 'answer' would be generated by the dialled device picking up?

Thanks!

Chris