[Asterisk-Users] SIP device rings once on busy before giving busy tone with dialplan

Chris Orme chrisast at talisa.net
Sat Apr 17 08:36:28 MST 2004

Hi Linus,

Thanks for pointing that out.

Luckily Asterisk has a 'billed seconds' field in the cdr which is 0 when a
number is unavailable or busy despite showing the call as 'answered'.

A view could be taken that 0 length billed seconds calls need not be
billed with a minimum connection charge... perhaps.
Not ideal though.

I'm not sure what is the alternative as 'Answer' seems needed to get the
SIP clients attention and tell it what it should do.

Perhaps an immediate Answer before Dial worth trying.
I'll experiment a little and the mileage of what different SIP devices
do does vary a little bit.

Thanks for replying!  Chris