[Asterisk-Users] Snom 200 Admin Password

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 17 08:36:21 MST 2004

Chris Orme wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Did you buy the phone or get it second hand ?   If second hand do you have
>any paperwork from the person you bought it from and did they buy it
>through official distribution?
>
>If you got it through distribution I would am fairly sure your vendor
>might be able to help ?
>
>I have a rough idea of how it would be possible but I would think you'll
>probably have to prove ownership as this password is how carriers lock
>their phones.  If you got it from a carrier I imagine you might possibly
>have to pay them an unlock charge so you can change carriers.
>
>Or did you accidently set the admin password?
>

>Chris

I bought the phone new about a year ago so its not provider locked..

I set the password to be nothing (I think) and then I set admin mode
off, then when I tried to get into the admin area I couldn't, it would
seem that either there is a bug that doesn't allow a blank password or
it did not set it to be blank..

I will have to get hold of the distributor next week..

Later..