[Asterisk-Users] Strange T1 Problem - FIXED plus new question

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Fri Apr 16 08:45:47 MST 2004

Sadly it's a limited to PRIs(at least that's what I've been told) You just
can't send that much call data with a good old non-PRI T1. The up side is
you get one extra voice channel to use as compared to a PRI. It's strange
that the carrier doesn't have PRI cabability, I've run into many more
carriers that can't do non-PRI. I've even had one that couldn't send me
ANI(CallerID) on non-PRI lines.

Once you get into the world of ISDN and PRI, you start to be able to do a
lot more with the signaling of calls, and you even have the ability to do
faster call switching as compared to a non-PRI.

My advice is to get a different carrier, there are hundreds out there. And
if you absolutely have to have dynamic CallerID transmission you should
verify that your new carrier will let you do that before you sign a
contract(Make sure you verify it by talking to an actual switch tech from
the carrier, sales people will lie through their teeth to get you to sign
that contract).

Hope this helps,

MATT---