[Asterisk-Users] Strange T1 Problem

Girish Gopinath gopinath_girish at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 06:50:24 MST 2004

Hello,

>From: "Joe Dennick" <joe at dennick.net>
>Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Strange T1 Problem
>Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:44:17 -0500
>
>Can one use a pipe '|' for the Dial application the same way that one
>would use a comma ','?
<snipped>
>I know this one works, but what I don't know is if it will also work
>using pipes in place of the commas.
>
>Joe

Yes, You can use '|' for the dial application. In fact even if you use
comma(,) in your extensions.conf,  Asterisk replaces it with '|'  when it
builds the dial plan.  See the following entry in extensions.conf:

[test]
exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/1234,20,r)
exten => 1234,2,Voicemail(u1234)

and the dialplan for this is:

* CLI> show dialplan test
[ Context 'test' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '1234' =>         1. Dial(SIP/1234|20|r)                 [pbx_config]
                           2. Voicemail(u1234)
[pbx_config]

Regards, Girish