[Asterisk-Users] Strange T1 Problem - FIXED plus new question

Mike Machado mike at homelandtel.com
Thu Apr 15 16:49:21 MST 2004

cvs HEAD did infact fix the ringing problem. Thanks Eric!

I have another question for all you T1 buffs out there. The T1 I am
working with goes into our local phone switch (Excel switch). Currently
we are using E & M Wink signaling. The problem is we cannot set callerid
on the outbound side. My minimal understanding is that if we had a PRI,
I could set the callerID. Unfortunately PRI is one signaling type they
cannot do (not have expensive PRI card in switch).

So, my question is what other signaling types CAN I set the callerID
outbound?

My local switch techs cannot seem to answer that question. They just
always use E & M for everything. But if I can ask them to specifically
try a certain signaling type (such as Feature Group D) or one of the
others in the t100p supported list, I could probably get them to change
the signaling type on my trunk. Do any signaling types other than PRI
support passing outbound callerID?