[Asterisk-Users] Strange T1 Problem

Mike Machado mike at homelandtel.com
Thu Apr 15 15:18:26 MST 2004

When people call into my * box over the T1 interface, they get no ring
tone. It rings the SIP phone and when the SIP user picks up, both
parties can hear each other ok, its just the PSTN user calling in hears
no ring. What could be causing this?

I tried setting immediate to yes in zapata.conf, but that causes my DNIS
and CallerID to stop being available.

T100P with E & M Wink start signaling, all 24 channels are inbound
channels (no channel bank or anything like that) to SIP ATAs. The ATA is
sending a 180 Ringing reply to the invite, but still no ring. Same
symptoms with different vendor ATA devices.