[Asterisk-Users] music on hold problems

Steven Kokinos steve at kokinos.com
Thu Apr 15 13:07:03 MST 2004

i've been searching the archives but can't find anything substantive on
this. most of the music on hold documentation discusses integrating
with zap hardware, but i am trying to send it across a sip channel.

I have the following in extensions.conf:

exten => 2100,1,Answer
exten => 2100,2,MusicOnHold(default)

and have uncommented the "default" line in musiconhold.conf:
[classes]
default => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3

I also installed mpg123, and created a symlink to /usr/bin (which is
where it seems asterisk looks for it).

Does anyone have any idea as to what I'm doing wrong here?

Regards,

-Steve