[Asterisk-Users] t1 won't dial outbound

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Thu Apr 15 11:52:23 MST 2004

I haven't tried breaking up the channels into different groups (mainly because
I haven't had a need to), but the examples I've seen looked more like:

   [channels]
   signalling=em_w
   switchtype=5ess
   group=1
   context=uti-mainst
   channel => 1-3
   group=2
   context=sales
   channel => 4-6
   group=3
   etc...........

In this example, the signalling and switchtype don't change (because they are
all on the same trunk), but you can change the context in each group
definition.  Anything specified ABOVE the channel statement will be applied to
those channels.  So, you only need to specify the changes inbetween your
channel => statements.

As such, all of the other statements before the channel => 6 statement will
also be applied to that channel.  If you specified a parameter (like
callretrun=yes or callprogress=yes) that the LEC (Carrier) didn't like, it
would not accept the call.  If group 5 works correctly for outbound calls, I
would model group 3's defninitions after group 5.

Joe

"Mark Messmore, Technical Support, University Telcom Inc."
<mark at utionline.net> wrote:

 Thanks for the reply.

 I didn't include my entire zapata.conf...just the portion that applied
 to this call (i.e. group #3)

 Please correct me if I have misunderstood how this all works together.
 When I see:

 -- Executing Dial("SIP/mark-2d08", "Zap/g3/2550559") in new stack
      -- Called g3/2550559
      -- Hungup 'Zap/6-1'

 I'm interpreting that this is dialing out on Zap group 3 (which happens
 to begin on channel 6).  Please correct me if I'm wrong here...

 I'm attaching my entire zapata.conf just to defer any confusion...and to
 see if you can see anything.

 Also, I'm going to take your suggestion and create another zapata.conf
 which will be simplified just to see if there is a conflict somewhere in
 there.

 Thanks for your help!

 Mark