[Asterisk-Users] T1 Line install.. (UK Muppet)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Apr 15 10:32:53 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 12:15, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > > - Supervision
> > >     Loop Start, Ground Start, Reverse Battery, E & M
> > >     "DNIS - Dialed Number Identification service"
> > >     Not applicable with DS0 Analog Line trunks.
> >
> > You will probably want E&M as you get good answer detection and hangup
> > detection and the easy ability to add DID info to it.
>
> I always wondered what difference this made on DS1 interfaces -- you're either
> getting the signalling from the robbed bits or from the D channel, depending
> on whether you're using ct1 or PRI.  How are these supervision options
> changing anything at all in the DS1 bitstream?

When we had a MCI ct1, they couldn't send us proper supervised hangup on
a loopstart encoded DS0. They claimed it to be a problem with the
software on their switch. Their solution was to switch to groundstart.
Our end solution was to drop them and switch to Telcove(formerly
Adelphia) and get a PRI where we controlled the signaling with asterisk.