[Asterisk-Users] VOIP Spam

Tom Green rsvp_12 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 08:32:56 MST 2004

Hi,

Some people have suggested maintaining black lists and
white lists to avoid spammers and allow legitimate
callers into the network. However, the problem with
this method is that the spammer's IP address might
change due to DHCP. Today a spammer might get
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd and lets say that I put this address
in my blacklist. To my annoyance, tomorrow a
legitimate caller might get aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd and the
spammer might get a different IP address. In the end,
I end up blocking the legitimate caller also. Any
ideas or thoughts to on this problem is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom