[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 update - timestamp issue within iax pkts

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Apr 14 16:10:39 MST 2004

> I saw the message on the CVS mailing list, but it looked like it was
> only fixed in CVS latest, not CVS stable.  Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. Two issues: 1) the iax2->sip/rtp timestamp issue
impacting cisco phones had not made it to Stable (yet), therefore todays
fix does not need to be applied to compensate for that, and, 2) the
root-cause problem (iax2 timestamp variation) is apparently in the
Stable version. I'd have to guess and say this problem probably has been
around since iax2 actually came into cvs existence.

There could be some other problems resulting from the iax2 timestamp issues,
but I'm personnally not aware of any. Do keep in mind that I'm not a
developer and I don't do a lot of testing/playing/support for things
that I don't have in our rather small environment (read-- I don't know
for sure).

I do know (from Mark) the timestamp diff of 20 ms between consequtive
iax2 packets was the original design objective, therefore the fix corrects
things to that objective.

Rich