[Asterisk-Users] background / goto commands

Steven Kokinos steve at kokinos.com
Wed Apr 14 14:44:59 MST 2004

I'm working on setting up a macro that will allow users to call their
own DID number, and when they hear their voicemail greeting hit the *
key and be prompted for their password to check vmail.

For some reason though the background command isn't working as I'd
expect it to:

[macro-vmessage]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten =>
s,2,Background(/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/sixthree/${ARG1}/unavail)
exten => 1,*,Macro(checkmessage,${ARG1})
exten => 2,*,Hangup
exten => s,3,VoiceMail2(s${ARG1})
exten => s,4,Hangup

[macro-checkmessage]
exten => s,1,VoiceMailMain2(${ARG1})
exten => s,2,Hangup

If I do nothing during the greeting all behaves as I would expect (user
is given the unavailble greeting, then a beep to leave the message) and
the message is delivered properly.

However, if I hit the * key during the greeting, I get the following
error:

   == Spawn extension (macro-vmessage, s, 2) exited non-zero on
'SIP/2400-9055' in macro 'vmessage'
Apr 14 17:43:06 WARNING[1192437440]: pbx.c:1825 ast_pbx_run: Invalid
extension, but no rule 'i' in context 'home'

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong
here?

Regards,

-Steve