[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi & Fax

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Apr 14 14:36:57 MST 2004

Hi!

>     I would like to know if chan_capi is prepared to receive faxes. I have a
> eicon deiva server 4bri with chan_capi and Grandstream HandyTone connected
> to a Fax, but this fax can't receive faxes.

Good question - my attempts at getting this to work with a passive AVM
Fritz! failed - at random times fax reception would work, but usually it
wouldn't - sending appears to be fine though.

Of course you need to make sure to use g.711 (ulaw or alaw), and I did
set softdtmf=0 for chan_capi, but to no avail. Anyone with smart(er)
suggestions how to get fax working reliable (!) through CAPI and SIP?

Cheers, Philipp