[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Pleiades P32mxi

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Apr 14 14:38:16 MST 2004

Hi Guys

I have an Asterisk box with an E100P card connected to a Pleiades P32mxi
(http://www.pleiadescom.com/p32mxi.html)

When I set the channel bank and asterisk to use Loop Start (or Kewl Start) to
communicate calls can happily go from asterisk, via the channel bank to PSTN.
However, Asterisk sees these calls as being answered immediately regardless of
if the call is still ringing or actually answered. The channel bank has
Answer Supervision installed (Voice Activity Detection) and the debug
messages on the channel bank show that this is working correctly.

It appears that Loop Start signaling does not contain enough information for
Asterisk to detect the ringing state of the call, and at the recommendation
of Pleiades I would like to change my signaling to "E & M" or "E & M
Wink" (Actually they recommend to use "R2 Digital" signaling but I dont think
asterisk supports this).

The problem is when I configure E & M (Or E & M Wink) on both the channel bank
and asterisk the channel bank fails to see ANY signaling comming over the E1
interface. Nada, nothing, zilch.. I have spent MANY hours on this problem
with Pleiades tech support, and quite a few calls to Digium also but I cannot
get this working. Does anyone else have a Pleiades channel bank?? Has anyone
else gotten one working with E & M?

TIA

--

Peter Nixon