[Asterisk-Users] same extension numbers ??

justin justin123 at optushome.com.au
Wed Apr 14 20:11:01 MST 2004

Hi Guys

Im just wondering is it possible to setup the same extension number a few
times. e.g say i have 2 seperate places using the same asterisk server.. is
it possible for a user in each to have say extension 3333 ?
I tried setting up 2 users in diff contexts with the same username, it
allowed me to do it, but once the first 3333 user was registered, when the
2nd 3333 user registered he just replaced the first one. Is there anyway to
allow both of them ?
Also while im emailing, i've had a look in parking.conf and tried heaps of
diff settings etc and im wondering is it possible to setup multiple parking
groups. e.g say theres 2 seperate companies using the server, you wouldnt
realy want to share the parked calls ?
Is asterisk capable of 'virtual' servers or anything else which would be
useful in running asterisk within 2 seperate organisations ??

thanks heaps for all your help :)

Justin