[Asterisk-Users] dtmf for public telephony access

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Wed Apr 14 01:49:26 MST 2004

Hi,

I would like to have some remote users with sip phones over adsl
connections access our asterisk pbx and make out calls, currently we
are using a zaptel pri interface for outdialing.

What is the right way to manage dtmf over pstn lines and still retain
low bandwith occupation ?

In other words:

if I use g729 (and sip info dtmf) for sip phones - asterisk communication
will asterisk be able to regenerate real tones when going out to the
pstn ?

Tnx for any help ... currently I havent got g729 licenses so I cant
test it out by myself.

--
Best regards,
 Alessio                          mailto:afoc at interconnessioni.it