[Asterisk-Users] T100P E&M Wink Trunk

Mike Machado mike at homelandtel.com
Tue Apr 13 16:38:59 MST 2004

 I am setting up a box with a T100P. Everything is going well. The
company I am working with has their one phone switch gear. They
provisioned me a E&M Wink T1. Cannot do PRI unfortunately. We chose E&M
so we could pass an unlimited number of DIDs to the trunk as apposed to
FXS loopstart signaling. I can make outbound calls no problem, but I am
having problems with the dial plan for inbound calls. The way they setup
the trunk inbound calls have a dialed number as
"*<callerid>*<dialed_number>". I do not know how to parse this out and
map it in the dial plan. Are there substr functions I can use? Can I
just call SetCIDNum on an INBOUND call to get the callerid functions
working?

Here is what I see in the log when a call comes in:

   -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/24-1'
  == Unknown extension '*9161111111*9162222222' in context 'default'
requested
    -- Playing 'ss-noservice' (language 'en')
    -- Hungup 'Zap/24-1'

9161111111 is the calling number (Caller ID)
9162222222 is the called number

What would be the best way to convert this so I can use just ${EXTEN}?

I can get it to work if I do something like:

 exten => _*XXXXXXXXXX*9162222222,1,Dial(....

but that seems like a hack, plus that does not set callerid. I also dont
know how that work react to callerid being blocked.