[Asterisk-Users] Zapateller issues

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Tue Apr 13 14:19:14 MST 2004

Yeah, tried this.

Seems that the Zapateller code is not written correctly.

The problem is that if one does this

exten => s,1,Zapateller(answer|nocallerid)

Then the call is answered by Zapateller regardless of the callerID state.
The tones are played if there is no caller id. The problem with this is
that the call gets answered regardless of state and so the caller gets
charged. If my dial plan forwards the call to my phone and the caller
wants to hangup before I get to it he has to pay anyway. This is expensive
especiall if calling from abroad.

When the Zapateller has answered there is no longer any ringing heard
whilst the calling party is waiting for a SIP extension to pick up either.

I can see some advantages of having the above situation howevever. eg, one
could answer the call and then dump the caller onto hold whilst the
extensions are rung.

If I do this

exten => s,1,Zapateller(nocallerid)

The call gets answered when there is no callerid info but DOES NOT play
the tones which is kinda useless.

I have also noticed that when the tones are played they are often
trunkated; the beginning gets cut off. Could a few seconds pause be
written in so that the connection has a chance to sort itself out before
the tones play?