[Asterisk-Users] Upgraded to latest CVS, now no IAX1?

Tor Houghton torh at bogus.net
Tue Apr 13 12:13:51 MST 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 02:56:48PM -0400, Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Use IAX2, it is a better IAX protocol.
>

> Jeremy McNamara
>

> P.S. If you really must have it, dig thru the channels/Makefile, but
> there is zero reason to use it any longer.

Well, I use IAX1 between the clients on the inside of the NAT to my local
Asterisk, and IAX2 between the local Asterisk and my remote Asterisk.
Previously (I have not tried yet with current version), when both clients
and Asterisk used IAX2, the clients would communicate directly with remote
Asterisk and so confuse my NAT firewall.

Tor