[Asterisk-Users] CallerID in Australia

Tue Apr 13 07:05:44 MST 2004

Well, Once upon a time, I had problems receiving callerid, and then one
day, Mark was logged into my asterisk box helping with something else,
and I asked him about this, and he showed me a nice tweak to some source
file that made it work.

Some time later, I must have done hundreds of CVS updates, and along the
way, lost the above patch (one liner) and so callerID hasn't worked for
a long time. Silly me thought it must be something wrong with my
isdn4linux, or kernel hacks, or something.

Finally tonight, using a PRI into a TE405P (or maybe TE410P) with
current asterisk cvs stable version, and I called the ttsagi-sayani that
I found a long time ago, and it read out my correct callerid.

BUT, it still doesn't show up on my handset, so, this is where I
remember that I need the magic one line patch.

>From a very quick look at the source code, I think it will need to be
this that needs to be modified:

Line: 532
static int cidrings[] = {
  2,                  /* Right after first long ring */
  4,                  /* Right after long part */
  3,                  /* After third chirp */
  2,                  /* Second spell */
};

Actually, now that I look at the file again, I can also see:
Line: 80
/* Typically, how many rings before we should send Caller*ID */
#define DEFAULT_CIDRINGS 1

So, does anyone know if either of these are the things I need to change?
and what I need to change them to?

I am in Australia, which I think expects callerid at a different time to
other countries.... Although other people have told me callerid is
working correctly for them....