[Asterisk-Users] Dial Plan Format Strings

Nik Martin nmartin at radiancetech.com
Tue Apr 13 06:13:19 MST 2004

In the absence of "The Definitive Guide to Asterisk Dial Plans" book, I'd
like to do something possibly unique with the formatting of extensions in my
dial plan, and am having trouble.  We use VoicePulse connect, which gives us
local DID for inbound and outbound calls (even though DTMF tones are not
working in Voice Pulse Connect at the moment).  To dial local numbers, you
have to dial the entire number, like 1 + area code + number. I'd like to
eliminate this by having the user just dial 9 + 7 digit number, and have
asterisk put the 1 + area code (which is in a variable in extensions.conf)
in front of it prior to sending the request to Voice Pulse.  Is this
possible?

Thanks,

Nik Martin