[Asterisk-Users] X100P and NTL (ex Cable + Wireless)

Alex Brett alex.brett at loho.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 02:23:38 MST 2004

Stephen Davies wrote:

 >Hi Alex,
 >
 >Indeed the call end termination doesn't work on an NTL line.  I'm not
 >so sure it works too well on other lines either.
 >
 >I did some work a while back to add detection of the UK busy/hangup
 >signal on the line, but I never got it working well enough to depend
 >on it.  The problem is that it is a single frequency tone.  (The US
 >one is dual-tone).  Women's voices used to sometimes trigger my
 >detector - causing hangups.
 >
 >The main practical issue is with voicemail, as you say.
 >
 >My final solution was to switch to ISDN.
 >
 >Steve

I would be interested in seeing this code, as I have found that the
hangup signal I get lasts for an exact amount of time before the line
goes silent, so if I time it precisely, I may be able to adapt the code
to only trigger if the tone lasts greater than a certain amount but less
than another amount, which should prevent it triggering on voices (as it
is about 4 seconds and the likelihood of that tone coming from a female
voice and lasting 4 seconds is slim).

Thanks,
Alex Brett
alex.brett at loho.co.uk