[Asterisk-Users] T100P / ZAP / PRI errors

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Apr 12 18:19:29 MST 2004

Holy crap people, trim your replies!

> You didn't say what's at the other end of your PRI line, but you might try
> having the other end be the timing sync source.  Try:  span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
> instead.  Maybe that will help.

We need to get this documented *clearly* once and for all.

Zaptel T1/E1 hardware either free-runs to its own internal 8kHz time source,
or it tries to lock to the recovered clock from the line.

Zapata.conf says that timing of 0 means "do not use this span for timing."
Zero does not mean "slave timing", it means not to use this span as a
recovered clock source for timing at all.  Timing values of 1 or 2 mean try
to lock the internal clock to the recovered clock from the span.

A value of 0 means that this span's recovered clock never gets used as a
timing source.  A value of 1 means that this span is the primary clock source
-- If the span is up, try to lock the internal clock to the clock recovered
from this span.  A value of 2 means to use this span for timing only if the
primary span is down.

To reiterate: a value of 0 means that the other end must be locking to the
zaptel's clock or else clock slips will occur.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure I have this
right.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew