[Asterisk-Users] oob to inband dtmf over rtp

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Apr 12 11:34:37 MST 2004

Are there any known problems converting dtmf from oob over iax2 to
inband over rtp/ulaw?

Obviously it works when converting to inband over pri/ulaw et al,
but how about rtp?

I've got packet traces that confirm that 2833 packets are properly
generated when I have 2833 configured for the rtp link, but the other
side seems to be ignoring those packets.  So I tried inband on that
link; nothing was able to recognize my dtmf there either.

I have to presume that either oob->inband is broken for -> rtp
or it is broken w/o a zap timing source....

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com> <http://jhcloos.com>