[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail storage in DB

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Mon Apr 12 10:44:15 MST 2004

What about using NFS or AFS for this?

--Ernest

  _____

From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Darren Nay
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 10:35 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Voicemail storage in DB

Hey all,

Quick Question.  I have heard mention that Asterisk has the capability to
store voicemail inside a database, instead of storing each voicemail in a
separate file under a spool directory.  Is this true?

If so, does it (or can it) use MySQL?  Is there any documentation available
showing how to do this?

The problem that we are having is that we need redundant voicemail servers
and in order to do that we would need to replicate the voicemail "spool"
directory to each redundant server ... we haven't been able to find an
efficient -yet- cost effective method for this.  However, if we can use a
mysql database for voicemail storage then I can set up mysql database
replication and our problem is solved.

Thanks so much for your help!

Darren Nay - dnay at ionosphere.net